Staci Bishop

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Staci Bishop

As the owner of nYn, I'm excited to be a part of our Nashville doula team. 
Staci Bishop, Owner
Certified Birth Doula & Hypnodoula
Now accepting new and repeat clients.  

**NOTE: My rates are increasing on January 1st. 
Book now to secure my current rate for your 2016 birth.
  • Complete BIRTH Package: Perfect for 1st time parents or couples not planning to take a childbirth education class. $600
  • Basic BIRTH Package: Great for couples already taking a comprehensive childbirth class or moms with a previous vaginal delivery. $525 
  • BIRTH Only Package: Excellent choice for repeat clients or last-minute clients who have had a childbirth education course or previous birth. $450
  • POSTPARTUM Rate: Support for mom/dad/siblings, baby care, breastfeeding help, household chores, cooking, errands. $25 per hour* 
  • Overnight POSTPARTUM Rate: Baby care and breastfeeding support from 10p-6a. $125 per evening* 
  • 24-Hour Immediate POSTPARTUM Care: Great for clients who have given birth at home or a birth center. Includes monitoring of mom & baby in addition to regular postpartum care. $500
  • *Discounts offered for birth doula clients

Training:
  • Childbirth International Birth Doula  |  Certified June 2012
  • HypnoBabies Hypno-Doula  |  Certified February 2013
  • Aromahead Institute: Introduction to Essential Oils  |  Completed April 2013
  • Vintage Remedies Herbalism for the Birth Professional  |  February 2013
**********************************************
My name is Staci Bishop and I reside in Nashville, TN near Opryland. I'm a wife and mother to an 8-year-old daughter. I also have a passion for all things pregnancy, birth, and babies. Here's a little bit about my story of how I became a doula.

When I first became pregnant I assumed I would have a run-of-the-mill birth. You know, use my same OB/GYN that I had been seeing yearly, have a hospital birth, get an epidural, maybe breastfeed if it worked out. You know, the usual.

Luckily, I had managed (unbeknownst to me) to surround myself with some naturally-thinking folks along the way. In conversation, I was asked how I felt about "routine" prenatal measures and labor & delivery techniques. I didn't know. I didn't realize I had a choice in the matter so I looked into it. Just a touch of research led me to question the essence of what everyone else in the world calls "normal." Turns out that I didn't trust "normal." I couldn't find any good evidence to support what Mainstream America was selling me about maternity care. In fact, I kind of became skeptical about most things so I researched some more. I started making educated decisions rather than just doing something because that's the way everyone else was doing it. My new "normal" revolved around doing the most natural things possible because they were getting the best results with fewer side effects. I simply did what made sense.


I learned a lot through my pregnancy and delivery. However, after months of research and preparation, I still didn't feel like I had a voice and felt I missed out on the positive birth experience I craved so much. I've come a long way since then by educating myself even more, putting it into practice, and seeing positive results from the things I believe in. I wish I'd known then what I know now. This is the number one reason I decided to become a doula. I want women to know that they have options. I want them to feel empowered and knowledgeable about pregnancy & birth.

As a doula, it is my goal to aid you in getting the outcome YOU desire. My job is to support you in the journey from pregnancy to labor & delivery and through the postpartum period. A positive outcome is in the eye of the beholder. We are all different, so you have to do what makes sense to YOU.  I'm just a facilitator of information who also provides support. 

Contact me today for a complimentary consultation or click here to learn more about birth doula packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment